The wide variety of combinations of Refugis del Torb allows the design of up to 16 possible stages. For the sake of simplicity three predefined options are proposed: Torb Standard, Torb Altitude and Torb Slow, but everyone can design different options if wished. Seek our advice and we will help you in choosing the stages that suit you best.
Other possibilities to add:
Circling the Puigmal, the descent into the Vallespir and the stage that divides the Trek into two phases
This section is not a hiking guide. It just contains some basic directions of each stage to get an overall idea. The stages are described counterclockwise, as a proposal, although hikers may choose the other way around.
You should know
- The season for the Trek is during the summer, although dates are somewhat flexible depending on the presence of snow.
- The only requirement is to mark the control card at the lodgings Nuria, Ulldeter, Marialles, Ras de Carançà and Mentet.
- To start with, go through the lodgings of the starting stage to collect the Welcome pack. A written version of the confirmed booking should be presented at every lodgings.
- This trek does not have own marks on the ground. In the directions provided for every stage, the existing signs are specified.
- During the stages there are no places where you can buy (only Py), so we recommend you to hire picnics when making the reservation
About the trek
- The Treck may start at Núria, Ulldeter, Marialles or Mentet.
- The sequence, number of days and direction (clockwise / counterclockwise) are not relevant.
- In the reservation you can choose Torb Standard, Altitude or Slow, as well as any combination of lodgings.
- You can split the whole trek into two and complete both of them in two phases. The trek can be divided by connecting the stretch Ulldeter - Mentet. Thus, the choice Torb Standard, for example, becomes a trek divided into two three-stage circles. The control card is exactly the same, it will only be completed in two phases.
- If the hiker wants to consider other possibilities, the organization will evaluate the proposals and help to satisfy them.
Prolong the holidays
- After the trek (or before), you can also stay in Queralbs, bucolic little village closed to the Puigmal peak, or in Ribes de Freser, center town in Ribes valley, and perfect departure point to discover the Spanish eastern Pyrénées.
- In the reservations platform in this website you will choose this option by selecting “Add more nights”.
- If you want to go into detail about these mountain territories across the boundary, and discover many other interesting places around, we can organise you some holidays in the area. You just have to ask us!
- In the following pictures we show you some of the best places in the area, where you can have a resting stage after the effort of the Refugis del Torb trek.
Campdevànol - Torrent de la Cabana river
Camprodon - Pont Nou, s. XII
Camprodon - Sant Pere Monastery, s. X
Dòrria – Romanesque paintings in Sant Víctor church, s. IX
Cold meat from Ripollès
Espinavell – Mountain livestock
Fornells de la Muntanya – Shepherd Museum
Gastronomy with first quality local products
Quality accomodation offer
Pardines - Santa Magdalena de Puigsac church
Village La Roca – Camprodon Valley
Queralbs - Sant Jaume church, s. X
Ribes de Freser – Shepherd dogs game show
Ripoll - Santa Maria Monastery, s. IX
Ripoll - Santa Maria Monastery, Portrait
Ripollès – Life in the countryside
Sant Joan les Abadesses – Pabordes traditional dance
Sant Joan de les Abadesses - Monastery s. X
Transhumance in Montgrony Range
Vall de Núria – Rack train
Cycling grren way Ruta del Ferro